Week 9: In the heart of the bye weeks
- Six teams have a bye this week which will impact plenty of fantasy rosters. The Falcons, Bills, Bears, Lions, Packers and Titans all have Week 9 off.
- This is where waiver wire pickups from earlier in the season become extremely important since you'll have to keep some of your studs on the bench.
- Streaming a defense will be a popular strategy the next couple of weeks, so target defensive units that face low-scoring teams (ie the Bengals play the Jaguars in Week 9).
- Six more teams have a bye next week (Texans, Colts, Vikings, Patriots, Chargers, Redskins), so make sure you're looking ahead and aren't caught unaware in Week 10.
- Don't forget about Thursday: The Saints take on the Panthers on Thursday Night Football only on NFL Network, and both teams are stacked with fantasy starters. Make sure to set your lineup before kickoff.
Fantasy Coach of the year Trends
Shoelace impressive for Jags
Denard Robinson RB - JAX View Videos
In the last two weeks, Denard Robinson has two 100-yard rushing games and a touchdown and is emerging as the lead back in Jacksonville. With two straight double-digit fantasy point totals, Robinson will be a hot waiver wire add heading into Week 9.