Preseason: Tight end trends
- Jimmy Graham is the only tight end worth drafting in the first round this season, if you have a later first-round pick. He caught more touchdown passes last season than any wide receiver in the NFL.
- Rob Gronkowski’s injury risk lowers his draft position this season. Gronk has 28 total touchdowns (27 receiving, one rush) in his last 27 games played.
- Since 2011, Bills tight end Scott Chandler’s nine touchdowns in the month of September are tied for fourth most among all NFL players (nine touchdowns in 11 games).
- Jason Witten has been held to fewer than 90 yards in 22 straight road games. He has no touchdowns in 16 of his last 19 away games (In contrast, he has six total touchdowns in last 10 home contests).
- In his first seven games last season, Jordan Cameron averaged 73.6 receiving yards per game with six touchdowns. Over the last eight games, he dropped to 50.3 receiving yards per game with only one score.
Fantasy Coach of the year Trends
Chiefs tight end puts himself on the map with impressive preseason
Travis Kelce TE - KC
Through two preseason games, Kelce has six catches for 136 yards and two touchdowns. His first score in preseason Week 1 was an explosive 69-yard catch in which he completely burned the Bengals secondary. Although he will compete with veteran Anthony Fasano for reps, Kelce has made his presence felt so far this preseason. Keep an eye on him as a late-round flyer with high upside.